Whitnash Sports & Social Club
Club Information
Club History
Whitnash Sports and Social Club has been the sports centre of the town for over 50 years.
In the late 1950's Whitnash was a village of approximately 5,000 people and the only organised sport outside school that was taking place locally was football played on a farmer's field.
The community acknowledged the need for a centre for sport and they organised weekly collections and fundraising activities to build a Sports and Social Club on land donated for that purpose by a local builder.

The building was constructed through the labours of its members and the Club was opened in 1959, without any outside financial assistance.
Within a very short period of time, the members also built a bowling green and tennis courts.
Throughout the years, the Club has maintained football teams, both senior and junior, on the adjoining playing fields.
In the last few years, a further facility was built for the purpose of playing petanque (French Boules) and all sports sections are now thriving.
At different times it has also had a cricket team and rugby team but, because of the limitations of the adjoining Council-maintained playing field, these eventually ceased.

Additional Information about the Club and Events which may be taking place can be found on the following links.

Events Calendar

Contact Us

Club Rules

Club Byelaws

Club Info | Events | Sections | Gallery | Links | Contact us | SiteMap |